The BLESSING Begins

It was in April of 2007 that I accepted Jesus as LORD.
You know, we really have to stop to think what we mean when we say "Jesus is LORD!"
The meaning of the word is almost lost to us, but it is revealed in the use of the word landlord. To be a landlord is to own, possess, and control the land. When we say "Jesus is LORD over my life!" do we mean that? Do we want that? If we're serious it means from here on in we are relegated to second-in-command of our own lives. We have told Jesus we want him to own us, possess us, and control us.
You need to understand, I was a mixed up satanist at the time I made the decision that maybe God was for me after all. The way I saw it, there was "way more evidence for the man downstairs than the man upstairs," as an acquaintance of mine put it, yet when I made the change God was there to help me along.
On 1 November 2007 I moved into a one-bedroom after having been homeless for seventeen years. I was (and am) still using addictive substances but I began making wiser decisions, such as buying groceries before I called dope dealers.
Then I was given my fur-son Bartholomew, the sweetest, tiniest little ball-of-fluff kitten you could imagine.  My number of fur-children has since increased.
So now I was housed and knew that God was on my side. The next thing to do was figure out which church suited me best.
The story will continue...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

Creating A Budget

Sharing About Rahab