Not My Will

I'm not saying anyone forces me to go to Church. That is my choice and my joy but it would not have been my first choice. If I were living life exactly as I'd have had it my life would consist of me, my wife, a huge house and back yard full of rescued animals.
Yes, I'm a #queerstake member of the LDS Church. I am bi-sexual and bi-emotional and I identify as androgynous. However I don't argue that the Church has the right to have standards. I also have the right to live those standards. Every day I choose to obey the Law of Chastity.
Yes, it hurts to be told that my way of loving and being loved are not acceptable to my Father in Heaven.  At night when the need for companionship is running through my mind like a freight train and my body is aching to hold and be held and I wonder if it might really be possible to die of loneliness I wonder if I've made the right choice. No doubt a very bitter cup has been set before me but thanks be to God that my Redeemer already drank from that bitter cup and he shares the journey with me!
With the challenges of life before me like this the Gospel doesn't become my last option, it becomes my ONLY option.
I'm grateful that every day I can exercise my free will to chose the right, to choose God, to choose to go against my own natural self for the better life of eternal exaltation that is awaiting me. I'm grateful that eternity's perspective puts the temporal things into their place and allows me to move on to the better life God wants for me and Jesus shed his blood to purchase for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating A Budget

The Power of Words

Sharing About Rahab