Living My Religion

Of course #Light the World is a wonderful thing and can be checked out on Mormon.org
What is thoroughly depressing is how much the whole thing is making me realize how incapable I am of enduring to the end. I can't endure sticking to the Word of Wisdom and the whole "get to know your neighbor" thing on the 5th day had me frustrated beyond endurance. One neighbor is a crack dealer  and the other ones once threatened to kill my cat Sabrina and tried to have my cats taken from me.
 I am full of resentment toward these people and when I dwell on it that resentment comes bubbling up into flaming rage that had me fantasizing the horrible things I intend to do them if i ever get a chance for revenge.
This is where I have to end and let the Atonement take over.  This is where my foundering efforts make no impression but have me clinging with both fists to what The Savior accomplished for me, and for us all, through his death and resurrection.
The beauty of an infinite and eternal atonement allows us all to let go and let God. The Atonement not only allows us to be forgiven but to forgive, not as a gooshy emotional response but as an act of will, as an act of obedience to Heavenly Father.
I can put Mormon.org cards on the doors of all my tenth floor neighbors and let them decide as they will if they need the Restored Gospel. I can forgive them as an act of love for Heavenly Father and The Anointed Jesus. I can choose to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh because I have been made free from the law of sin and death.
This is another beautiful thing about the Atonement: it get our eyes of ourselves and onto Jesus, away from the NOW and on the eternal, to focus on a BLESSING so immense it will take us eternity to comprehend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

Creating A Budget

Sharing About Rahab